Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Grapes

Straight from the oven at my holiday cooking class




Brussels sprouts are appearing in a lot of recipes lately. They've been around a long time, and I have to admit that I had never tried one until a couple of years ago. I can't say I was blown away by them, but this recipe changed everything! All I can say is,"Wow!" You have to make these as soon as possible.


Brussels sprouts are members of the cancer-fighting cruciferous family of vegetables. They are an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin K, and contain manganese and fiber.

Ingredients:

3-4 cups brussels sprouts


2 cups red grapes


2 T fresh sage, chopped


olive oil


pepper


sea salt


Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut off Brussels sprouts stems, remove any dirty/outer leaves then quarter. Toss all ingredients together. Cover sheet pan with foil. Roast for 20-25 minutes until tender and carmelized, stirring halfway through.

No comments:

Post a Comment