This recipe makes 12 muffins. If mushrooms aren't your fancy, you can substitute another vegetable such as bell peppers.
- 4 T fat (butter or coconut oil)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach (or you can use frozen)
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole fat Greek yogurt, coconut milk or heavy cream
- 2 T coconut flour
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 5 oz proscuitto (you can also use ham)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute' onion and garlic over medium heat in 1-2 T fat. Add in mushrooms and saute' a few more minutes. Remove from pan and transfer to a plate to cool. Meanwhile add the spinach to the pan and saute' until wilted.Beat eggs with yogurt, milk, or cream and flour. Add veggies into the egg mixture.
Brush muffin tins with remaining coconut oil, melted. Make sure to brush bottom and sides. Line each tin with proscuitto, covering bottom and sides completely. Spoon in batter and top with cherry tomatoes. Bake approximately 20 minutes, turning tray at halfway point.