Monday, June 14, 2010

My Ten Percent

I love eating healthy, nutritious, fresh food. But let's face it - some of the BAD stuff tastes sooo GOOD!!! My mantra is to follow the 90/10 rule, meaning 90% of the time I eat clean and the other 10% I don't. Today's focus is on the 10%, and to that point here is my list of foods that I would eat ALL the time if I could!!!
  • #10 - white bread
  • #9 - cinnamon toast
  • #8 - golden grahams cereal (or most other sugary cereals!)
  • #7 - hot tamales
  • #6 - chocolate covered raisins
  • #5 - miniature reese's
  • #4 - salt and vinegar potato chips
  • #3 - bagels and cream cheese
  • #2 - granola (no - it is not healthy!)

And the #1 crappy food I would eat all the time if I could IS - Pop Tarts: any flavor, any kind, frosted or unfrosted

So what foods are in your 10%? I would love to hear!


  1. My List is this:
    10 - Reece Cups
    9 - waffles w/Mrs. Butterworth's syrup
    8 - homemade cheeseburger w/ e'thing including
    7 - Girl Scout THIN MINTS - I could eat a whole
    sleeve in one sitting
    6 - Panera's Cinnamon Crunch Bagel
    5 - Ice Cream - Pralines and Cream
    with Butterscotch AND Caramel topping
    4 - Archer Farms Parmesan Potato Chips
    3 - TIDEWATER Greek Salad and JUST tons of Hot
    BREAD w/butter...salad only has about 50
    fats ...notice NO PROTEIN
    2 - TACO BELL crunchy taco supremes
    1 - Hummingbird Cake
    Thanks, Annette

  2. PS I also invite you all to join my blog..
    Lisa is the healthy nutritionist...
    I am sharing my quest to better health and battle of the bulge!!!

  3. WOW! Annette and I are alot alike with our food tastes. I would ditto everything she said except number 1 an 4 because I have not had those before. The two I would substitute them for would be Husson's Pizza with pepperoni and banana peppers and chicken tikki masala at Sitar. Yum Yum!

  4. Now my list sounds boring compared to Annette's!!

  5. 1) Homemade pizza with peppers/sausage/banana peppers.
    2) Mom’s rigatoni
    3) Beer
    4) Ruffles with French onion dip
    5) Real Coke
    6) Lemon pie
    7) Spring hill bakery hotdogs
    8) Pork chops
    9) fresh Italian bread
    10) bricks of longhorn cheese

  6. wow-Joe & I must be soulmates! Or at least we have the same favorite foods, except for Coke--yuk. I would substitute "Hash brown potato casserole" for Coke on my list.